Integrated PhD Researcher
Current position(s): Integrated PhD Researcher
Research group: Autoimmunity and Neurosciences
PhD in Medical Sciences
- Vascular Consultant in Centro Hospitalar do Porto
- Associate Professor in ICBAS
- Vascular surgery
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Intermittent claudication
- Raynaud disesase
- Digital ulcers in auto-imune disease
- Development of models of Parkinson’s disease progression
- Demonstration that appendectomy may delay Parkinson’s disease development in those patients with a late disease onset.
- I. Silva, A. Teixeira, J. Oliveira, I. Almeida, R. Almeida, C. Vasconcelos. Microvascular damage, endothelial dysfunction and ischemic peripheral vasculopathy in secondary Raynaud phenomenon. Clin. Hemorheol. Microcirc. 2017 Jan 27. doi: 10.3233/CH-150044.
- Silva I, Teixeira A, Oliveira J, Almeida I, Almeida R, Vasconcelos C. Predictive value of vascular disease biomarkers for digital ulcers in systemic sclerosis patients. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015 Sep-Oct;33 Suppl 91(4):127-130
- Silva I, Teixeira A, Oliveira J, Almeida I, Águas A, Almeida R, Vasconcelos C. Endothelial dysfunction and nailfold videocapillaroscopy pattern as predictors of digital ulcers in systemic sclerosis: a cohort study and review of the literature. Clinical Reviews in Allergy & Immunology. Oct 2015, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p 240, 13 p.
- Silva I, Almeida J, Vasconcelos C. A PRISMA-Driven Systematic Review For Predictive Risk Factors Of Digital Ulcers In Systemic Sclerosis Patients. Autoimmun Rev. 2015 Feb;14(2):140-52.2014.10.009.
- Alexandre F. Leitão, Miguel A. Faria, Augusto M. R. Faustino, Ricardo Moreira, Petra Mela, Luís Loureiro, Ivone Silva, Miguel Gama. A Novel Small-Caliber Bacterial Cellulose Vascular Prosthesis: Production, Characterization, and Preliminary In Vivo Testing. Macromolecular Bioscience, 21 September 2015 DOI: 10.1002/mai. 201500251
SPACV – RAYNAUD’S PHENOMENON DIGITAL REACTION TO HEAT. PI ISOBEL TAYLOR, I3S, FBAUP, Faculdade de Belas Artes Da Universidade do Porto; Investigador; Ivone Silva 30%
2013- Dual clinical trial. Principal investigator. Clinical trial with macicentan in digital ulcers
2011- Investigation project Principal investigator CAP Project. European study of Raynaud patients with capillaroscopy;
2011- Epidemiological study: Study of the Raynaud Phenomenon Prevalence in Greater Porto
2010- Epidemiological study. Principal investigator DUO Project. European Registry of Patients with Digital Ulcers Associated with Systemic Sclerosis (UD/ES)
2009- Investigation project: biocelulose vascular prostheses: an alternative? Collaboration with Prof. Miguel Gama from the University of Minho in in vivo tests on pigs with partial replacement of the superficial femoral artery by a segment of biocelulose prosthesis.
2009- Observational study: evaluation of peripheral microcirculation in tetra and paraplegic patients in collaboration with Prof. Doctor Maria João of the Physiatrist department.
2007- Observational study: critical ischemia: the Portuguese reality. Study of the prevalence of hospitalized patients with critical ischemia and its orientation in the different Portuguese Vascular Surgery Services. The secondary endpoint was to assess the rate of major amputation in these patients
2005- Epidemiological study: “PROVE”. Open and prospective study of the prevalence of deep vein thrombosis in our population
2003- Clinical trial: STUDY VAN GOGH DVT. Principal investigator Phase III, multicentre, international, randomized, open, blind and non-inferiority evaluation. Efficacy and safety comparison of a weekly subcutaneous injection of Indaparinux (SanOrg 34006) with the combination of low molecular weight heparins and vitamin K antagonists in the treatment of deep vein thrombosis.
1997- Clinical trial: Medical devices clinical trial: To evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of vagus nerve neurostimulators in patients with refractory epilepsy as opposed to conventional treatment
1996- Observational study: Study of the incidence of deep vein thrombosis in patients undergoing total hip and knee prosthetic replacement.
1995- Epidemiological study: D. A O. C; in collaboration with Prof. Doctor Fernandes e Fernandes. National prospective study to evaluate the prevalence, incidence, ethiology, therapy and length of hospital stay of patients with PAD.
1995- Clinical trial: “Open Clinical Trial on Hemovasal”; Principal investigator. Open and prospective study done in collaboration with Prof. Giacono Spignoli from L. Manneti. Roberts from Italy. The objective was to evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of Hemovasal (heparan sulphate) in patients with POD grade II – claudicants for 6 months.
1994- Investigation project: Experimental model of artificial bio-hybrid pancreas in arteriovenous bypass in dogs, in collaboration with the Addenbrook Hospital Transplant Department – Cambridge
1992- Investigation project: Study of the reversibility of diabetic nephropathy with pancreatic islet transplantation: experimental model in the rat; in collaboration with the Addenbrook Hospital Transplant Department – Cambridge
2018- AL Copley Award: second best paper in 2017 published in “Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation”.
2017- Best investigation article published in Revista da Sociedade Portuguesa de Angiologia e Cirurgia Vascular
2016- Sollari Allegro Award: best investigation article published in CHP in 2015. Endothelial dysfunction and nailfold videocapillaroscopy pattern as predictors of digital ulcers in systemic sclerosis: a cohort study and review of the literature. Clinical Reviews in Allergy & Immunology. Oct 2015, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p240, 13 p.. Silva I, Teixeira A, Oliveira J, Almeida I, Águas A, Almeida R, Vasconcelos
2016- Oporto University: Person of University of Porto
2016- National Award for Autoimmunity Investigation to my PhD Thesis “Identification of predictive risk factors for peripheral microvascular complications in patients with Raynaud’s Phenomenon”
2013- Award Prof. Doctor Alexandre Moreira for Best Presentation. Thoracic and abdominal aneurysms associated with Stanford B aortic dissection: a clinical report. Reunión Galaico-duriense. Tiago Loureiro, Pedro Sá Pinto Rui Machado, Ivone Silva, Clara Nogueira, Carolina Vaz, Luís Loureiro, Diogo Silveira, Sérgio Teixeira, Duarte Rego, João Gonçalves, Vítor Ferreira, Rui de Almeida
2013-Best Poster Award. The role of Angiostatin and Endostatin in Systemic Sclerosis. III Autoimmunity National Congress – XIX NEDAI Annual Meeting. Almeida I, Gonçalves E, Puga A, Silva I, Lima M, Vasconcelos C
2012- Best Poster Award . Endothelium dysfunction assessment: a useful tool as an alert sign for microvascular complications in RP. II Fórum Esclerose sistémica e úlceras digitaisI. Silva, T. Loureiro, J. Oliveira, M. Matos, C. Vasconcelos and R. Almeida
2011- SPACV Award – Best Young Presentation. Flow-mediated vasodilatation and clinical severity of Raynaud’s phenomenon. Tiago Loureiro, Ivone Silva, Clara Nogueira, Carolina Vaz, Luís Loureiro, Diogo Silveira, Rui Almeida
2011- SPACV Award – Best Oral Presentation. Endothelial Dysfunction as a Risk Factor for Microvascular Complications in Raynaud’s Phenomenon. I Silva, T. Loureiro, C. Vasconcelos, A. Mansilha, R. Almeida
2009- SPACV Award for best poster. Sarcomatous degeneration of thrombosed arterialized venous graft. P Pinto, I Siva, J Oliveira, R Almeida M Mendonça
2009- Merck Serono Award. Improvement of the Quality Systems of Point of Care
2005- SPACV Investigation Award. Endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms in SAH: a retrospective analysis. Paulo Almeida, Joana Martins, João Oliveira, Luís Vilaça, Paulo Pimenta, Pedro Sá Pinto, Ivone Silva, Rui Machado, Rui Almeida
2017- SPACV: “WalkingPAD” programa de exercício supervisionado nos doentes claudicantes – SPACV
2014- SPACV Bacterial cellulose vascular prostheses for bypass surgeries
2012- Centro Hospitalar do Porto, Departamento de Ensino e Investigação Grant for PhD final thesis: Predictive factors for peripheral microvascular complications in Raynaud’s phenomenon
2011– SPACV. Predictive factors for peripheral microvascular complications in Raynaud’s phenomenon
2010- FCT. BCGrafts: Bacterial Cellulose-Made Prosthetic Vascular Grafts
1998- Sandoz Fellowship of Sociedade Portuguesa de Transplantação. Experimental model of artificial bio-hybrid pancreas in arteriovenous bypass in dogs
- Isobel Taylor i3S, FBAUP, Faculdade de Belas Artes da Universidade do Porto;PhD in Design Raynaud’s Phenomenon digital reaction test 2020
- Joana Cristina Costa Silva, Mestrado Integrado em Medicina – ICBAS Tromboembolismo na grávida fatores de risco, diagnóstico e tratamento
- Ana Sofia de Sousa Ribeiro- Mestrado Integrado em Medicina – ICBAS Doença arterial periférica na mulher
- Sofia Daniela Pereira . Mestrado Integrado em Medicina – ICBAS FR secundário: factores de risco de úlceras digitais
- Maria Inês Nogueira e Sousa – Mestrado Integrado em Medicina – ICBAS Aneurisma da artéria renal: papel do auto-transplante
- Maria José Soares – Mestrado Integrado em Medicina – ICBAS Isquemia mesentérica
- Tiago Mendes chantre- Mestrado Integrado em Medicina – ICBAS S. Cockett
- Margarida Peixoto – Mestrado Integrado em Medicina – ICBAS- Tumores do corpo carotídeo
- Leonor Lemos Mestrado Integrado em Medicina – ICBAS Envolvimento Vascular na Doença de Behçet
Coordinator of the SPACV Research, Ethics and Teaching Centre
SPACV Representative at International Union of Angiology
Member of the Board of Directors of SPACV; Member of the Fiscal Board
Coordinated the SPACV Critical Ischemia Centre
Joined the Nucleus of Vascular Accesses of Sociedade Portuguesa de Angiologia e Cirurgia Vascular